Supposed trader theft

Author

Previous Topic Next

z3r07w0

Starting Member

z3r07w0

43 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 : 07:25:39 PM  Show Profile

ER36 took us out with his styder. Towed our styder to trader. We had a player there who got back in it before he could sell it. It's ours until sold. We didn't try to shoot him or grief him.  Props to ER36 for the kills but I don't see where we over stepped. Opinions?

ER36

Starting Member

ER36

15 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 : 09:38:56 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

• Do not steal or attempt to steal from other players or their vehicles in the trader areas.  Do not attempt enter another players vehicle in the trader.  There is an anti-theft system in place but it isn't perfect.  If it's not yours don't touch it.
  • Do not incite another player into an altercation in the trader zone.
  • Do not ram other players or their vehicles in the trader zone.
  • Greifing other players in the trader zone or just being a jerk won't be tolerated.  Let other players conduct their business and leave the area.
  • Do not bounce in and out of the zone attempting to incite another player into an altercation in or outside the trade zone. There is no arbitrary line where you are "safe". Admin discretion will be used in disputes concerning this matter.
  • Do not loiter in the traders. Conduct your business and leave the area.
  • Players camping the trader zones looking for easy kills will be dealt with swiftly and severely. There is a difference to camping and ambushing players. Chance encounters with players entering or leaving the safezone is not considered camping.  Admin discretion will be used in these cases.  Please report players camping the safezones in the forum: Need Admin Assistance / Report a Player. please provide evidence (video, screenshots, audio recordings) and an accurate description of the problem, including names, dates and times (EST).
  • Leaving vehicles inside safezones over restart will cause them to unlock. Vehicles left after restarts are free for taking. (The oversoul example)

I'll admit I ran into y'all to try to get you off the vehicle in the trader. Wouldn't have happened if y'all hadn't have forced the issue. Way I see it, I scored it fair and square after we bumped into each other at the factory. I wasn't even gonna take the thing until someone spawned into kavala and grabbed a BTR or whatever that was and tried to ram me in the open. So I figured I'd tow it into trader and make a little payday. But then notlucas (who anyone on the coast could tell was just using his helo to grab spawn vehicles from Kavala and sell them) decides to wait for me to bring it and jump in. 

I'll leave it up to the admins to figure out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKUe_wz7DRw&feature=youtu.be

Go to Top of Page

Alpha

Server Admin

Alpha

202 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 : 10:00:56 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Once the vehicle makes it to trader it belongs to the person who pulled it in. Just like any crate or mission vehicles.

Go to Top of Page

J35T32

J35T32

488 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 : 10:08:56 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Alpha

Once the vehicle makes it to trader it belongs to the person who pulled it in. Just like any crate or mission vehicles.

Go to Top of Page

TheBoZZHoGG

Starting Member

TheBoZZHoGG

31 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 12:35:36 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

I was not on the server at the time of this incident, I arrived towards the end.  Had I been there I would have advised agianst this action.  Our guys are still really new to this game and this server, and they weren't sure what the rule was as the rules seemed kinda ambigious about this, I mean it was thier vehichle he brought in so they figured why not, and the anti-theft let them in becasue, of course, it is not perfect.  Way i see it, though, at the very least, we owe ER 7500 tabs for a strider, which I will give him the next time I get a chance. Perhaps, that statement from Alpha maybe should be added to the rules just so it is abundantly clear to anyone that reads it that this is the policy.    

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 09:45:03 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by TheBoZZHoGG

I was not on the server at the time of this incident, I arrived towards the end.  Had I been there I would have advised agianst this action.  Our guys are still really new to this game and this server, and they weren't sure what the rule was as the rules seemed kinda ambigious about this, I mean it was thier vehichle he brought in so they figured why not, and the anti-theft let them in becasue, of course, it is not perfect.  Way i see it, though, at the very least, we owe ER 7500 tabs for a strider, which I will give him the next time I get a chance. Perhaps, that statement from Alpha maybe should be added to the rules just so it is abundantly clear to anyone that reads it that this is the policy.    

Will clarify the rules when able.  No fines will be issued.

Born2Kill

Clan Founder | Server / Website Scripting | Server Admin

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 09:49:05 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Rules updated.

If a vehicle (locked or otherwise) is stolen and driven/towed/lifted to the safezone, once it crosses the line, it now belongs to that player.  Do not lock the vehicle to prevent it from being sold.

Born2Kill

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

z3r07w0

Starting Member

z3r07w0

43 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 10:21:08 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Specifying in rules that a stolen or lifted/towed is owned once in the safe zone clarifys this issue. We made a decision based on players being allowed to take open vehicles from traders after restart since they are not locked. We knew we would have access to the stryder when it pulled up. Unlike the anti theft which prevents this. Obviously we didn't have time to look over rules and made a quick decision to go for it. It made for an interesting evening that is for sure. Thanks for the quick response.

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 11:06:20 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

When I get past all the broken things in 1.0.4, I will review the towed anti-theft script to see if I can improve it.  In the meantime, you can also force anti-theft on a vehicle that's towed once it's in the safe zone and you get the notification.  Hop in the drivers seat of the towed vehicle and it now is covered by the Anti-theft.

Born2Kill

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

J35T32

J35T32

488 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 05:44:58 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by -BH-Born2kill

Rules updated.

If a vehicle (locked or otherwise) is stolen and driven/towed/lifted to the safezone, once it crosses the line, it now belongs to that player.  Do not lock the vehicle to prevent it from being sold.

could the rule also read for the time being, do not GET IN the vehicle and drive off as well. straight up once it crosses the safe zone line its no longer the player it was stolen from, and no belongs to the player that stole it and took it to trader.

i realize you are working on a fix for the towed vehichle. but atleast the rule is clear as mud until that fix is found. 

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 06:09:23 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by J35T32

Rules updated.

could the rule also read for the time being, do not GET IN the vehicle and drive off as well. straight up once it crosses the safe zone line its no longer the player it was stolen from, and no belongs to the player that stole it and took it to trader.

i realize you are working on a fix for the towed vehichle. but atleast the rule is clear as mud until that fix is found. 

I will amend the rule Jester and also add this to my scripts to try to prevent that as well.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Born2Kill

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

J35T32

J35T32

488 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 06:27:59 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by J35T32

Rules updated.

I will amend the rule Jester and also add this to my scripts to try to prevent that as well.  Thanks for the suggestion.

thank you. 

Go to Top of Page

ER36

Starting Member

ER36

15 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 : 10:56:06 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Good deal all around.

Go to Top of Page

laserluke13

Starting Member

laserluke13

5 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 : 02:51:57 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by ER36

Good deal all around.

Yes ER36 have worked it all out. Water under the bridge now, but if it ever happens again i'll just have to keep an apers mine in my inventory. :))))))))

Go to Top of Page

ER36

Starting Member

ER36

15 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2018 : 01:06:16 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Y'all spooked the hell outta me lol! That spot is pretty quiet most of the time, so seeing another strider there was a shock.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Next