New Server Observations

Author

Previous Topic Next

Page:   of 3

BNR_Daishi

BNR_Daishi

51 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2018 : 12:14:29 PM  Show Profile

So first off, let me say that I love the way the server is right now.  Server Pop is in the 20's on the weekend, and in the teens durring the week.  Morning times still low, but w/e.

One thing I have noticed is that people are farming mil vehicle spawns a lot more, since it is a crazy good way to get tabs, and you get to play with vehicles before you decide to buy one.  IMO, this is a great thing, but I would love to see missions become a viable source of tabs.  I've tracked in a few level 4 crates, and they have averaged me only 10k ish, and the gear with a big capacity vehicle is netting me about 35k tabs.  The return you get from a Xi'Lin totally eclips's the tabs you get from missions.

Is there a way to get rid of level 1 and level 3 missions and just do the orange, red and black missions and either give the AI full Mil loadouts and armed non-track vehicles, or up the loot in the crates to give a lot of goodies, I.E. spec ops helmets, TWS (MG), ENVG, Titan missles-Launchers new Mill Launchers, Tubes.  Of course only have a few of those in the crate, but also let the inantry keep a loadout similar to what the crate gives?

I would love to start hitting missions if they had that, and of course I would be camping those missions for other players too, but I think it would help the diversity of the server.

If that creates a strain on the server, or if you don't have the time to do it, I understand.  I like the server direction, I just think we could make it a little bit better.

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2018 : 06:12:26 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

The Mil Vehicle week(end) was meant as a trial to see how adding everything in would impact gameplay and draw in some new blood.  I kinda knew that adding expensive spawn vehicles in the wild would offset the economy and impact missions since players tend to gravitate to the easiest way to make bank.  I would prefer we not remove the wild spawns completly as it adds a way for new players to get the same vehicles that long term players with a lot of money can just buy.

Also players are using the heavy vehicles to desimate the AI at missions and gather the loot, they really can't fight back to well.  Oversoul and I wreked the AI at a few missions last night in a dual crewed Blackfoot and didn't bother to land to look at anything.

Should we decide to keep these items in the game, we would need to restore a bit more balance to the game.  Either make the wild spawns a bit more rare, re-adjust the pricing so that the missions are once again lucrative, and mabye beef up the AI gear and vehicles so they fight back more.

Adding more loot to the missions isn't difficult, just time consuming.  For solo or new players the smaller missions are more easy for them, so I would like to keep them.  Perhaps I could add wild card items to those missions and you might get a launcher or a few thousand tabs.

Appreciate the feedback and your support.  Keep the discussion going!

Born2Kill

Clan Founder | Server / Website Scripting | Server Admin

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

BNR_Daishi

BNR_Daishi

51 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2018 : 08:38:50 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Sounds good.  As long as you are aware of the economic imbalance then that is fine.  Until you rework it, I will continue to go hunting for fun vehicles to go sell, or use to "decimate" missions.

Go to Top of Page

Mallard malarky

Registered Member

Mallard malarky

524 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2018 : 10:04:19 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

For me I'd love to see some sort of resolution to the base part thing more than anything. If we want to limit the overall base parts I'm 100% for it, or make other changes to allow us to retain the 600 part level 10 max. I would rather know I need to remove parts and change my design than remove a bunch temporarily and just have to rebuild. 

A few of us discussed the mil vehicles in discord today and one thing that was brought up is how the sell rate could be reduced. A wild-spawn jet could only sell for 25k as opposed to 100k, etc. I wouldn't spend the first 45 minutes of restart looking for vehicles to sell I'd probably just use one to clear missions. Noobs can still jump in and get a cheetah or tigris to shoot me down, or go farm some missions.

Additional things that seem to be busted since the change:

Crates dont mount to vehicles  - at least not for me

In-game territory refreshing costs tabs again, on the website its still free

In terms of offsetting the economy.. the regular playerbase here is always keen on how to make the most tabs with the least effort. That's been a thing since we could make 100k/hour chopping wood, or when you could break a connex with 11 swings.. rich ppl gonna be smart and figure out how to become more rich no matter what is implimented/removed

Go to Top of Page

bobg

bobg

794 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2018 : 01:22:22 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Lvl 1 box add 10k tabs in the crate.  Lvl 2 20k...etc, up to lvl 5.  Give the ai more of a chance against players with better equipment and vehicles.  Example,  a tank patrolling the salty flats mission.  Apc's at plisken.  These would be easy I think.

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2018 : 08:07:09 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

After talking it over a bit, we will experiment with the following.  Vehicles will sell for 20% of their buy price.  This still makes farming lucrative, but still keeps missions viable without too many changes to the code.

Base parts with remain 10 tabs per object in game and the website will be adjusted to also reflect that amount.  It will draw from your locker.  You gotta pay the man for those big bases.

One step at a time.

Born2Kill

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

Mallard malarky

Registered Member

Mallard malarky

524 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2018 : 08:33:32 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

What is the limit on base parts per level now? Is it back up to 600? Or low with the exile default?

Go to Top of Page

oversoul

Clan Member

oversoul

1489 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2018 : 09:01:46 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

The easier it is for people to make money, the more fun they have, the less grindy the game is, the easier it is for day one Pubber Joe to do battle with the much talked about "establishment."

Or nerf vehicle sale price. Won't hurt me.

In Vino Veritas

Go to Top of Page

John Hayes

Clan Member

John Hayes

153 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2018 : 10:07:50 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

I thought the whole concept of keeping bases free was to help Day one pubber stay in game longer?  I don't have a problem with doing away with those bases that are dormant in the sense of non playing, non paying, non helping people.  Again I go back to what constitute a contributing player?  This has always been the sticking point in this whole argument.  We have heard many times from Born that base part count is little to no effect on the server.  If base parts are such a big deal and we are trying to get rid of pieces why not reduce part count, give everyone a certain time frame to get within those rules and then start deleting those that don't conform?  What is charging going to change? 

Go to Top of Page

BloodStripeArtist

Clan Member

BloodStripeArtist

171 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 : 02:56:01 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

So base parts are 10 tabs each and if you have the maximum amount of parts which is 600, it should be 6k tabs.  It is showing me I owe over 50k for one base and over 25k for the other.  

Go to Top of Page

oversoul

Clan Member

oversoul

1489 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 : 05:56:56 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

You got to pay your fair share.

In Vino Veritas

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 : 05:36:24 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Mallard malarky

What is the limit on base parts per level now? Is it back up to 600? Or low with the exile default?

Levels are back to normal.  1 base per player moving forward.

Parts payment reverted back to 0 since no one can agree on it.  Less work for me.  Hacking and grinding are enabled.  Mabye that will solve the issue.

Vehicle pricing is next on the agenda since it easily resolves the issues it introduced.  To be discussed.

Born2Kill

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

BNR_Daishi

BNR_Daishi

51 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 : 06:10:05 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Born, will we have time to dismantle one of our bases, or will it disappear?  I have been wanting to dismantle Orino Strilanka for the last week, but haven't had the time to do it yet.  I definitely don't want to loose all of the stuff I have in there.

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 : 06:16:57 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Let me know if you can't maintain it.  If not I will revert the setting.

Born2Kill

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

oversoul

Clan Member

oversoul

1489 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 : 10:07:51 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Hacking and grinding are enabled.  Mabye that will solve the issue.

Via: https://www.exilemod.com/devblog/104-update-pineapple-r36/

We've added the ability for players to hack any safe.  Players need to have a laptop in their inventory and then scroll wheeling on a safe will give you the option to hack it. 

The following are all configurable by the server owner: 

• time it takes to hack the safe,
  • chance the hacking will fail,
  • chance that the laptop will be destroyed (removed from player's inventory),
  • max hack attempts per restart on each safe,
  • minimum number of players on the server needed to enable hacking,
  • number of concurrent hacks, 
  • if the entire server is notified of the hack, and
  • if the hacking location is marked on the map using this icon

If the safe being hacked is inside a territory, the owners of the territory will receive an XM8 base raid notification if the server owner/player have enabled XM8 notifications.

Will we get an email similar to the raid email?

You can now grind base door locks.  Players will need to have an Exile_Item_Grinder and Exile_Magazine_Battery in their inventory. Then you scroll wheel on the locked base door and you'll see the option to grind the lock. 

The following are all configurable by the server owner: 

• time it takes to grind the lock,
  • chance of the grinding failing,
  • chance your grinder breaks (items is removed for player's inventory), and
  • if the entire server is notified that a door grind is in progress

The owners of the territory will receive an XM8 base raid notification if the server owner/player have enabled XM8 notifications.

Will we get an email for grinding, similar to raids?

What are the values for these events? Ten players? Five players?

In Vino Veritas

Go to Top of Page

Mallard malarky

Registered Member

Mallard malarky

524 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 : 10:21:51 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

I'm confused, what issue is grinding/hacking solving?

This makes sense, pop is up, donations are up.. ~~WILDCARD CHANGE~~

Go to Top of Page

Page:   of 3

Previous Topic Next

Next Page