New Server Observations

Author

Previous Topic Next

Page:   of 3

BNR_Daishi

BNR_Daishi

51 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2018 : 12:37:10 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

If door grinding and safe hacking is in the game, then I propose taking grinders out of the hardware store.  Make people fight for them at construction missions, or go find them at construction sites.  I also think laptops should be removed from the hardware vendor as well. 

Go to Top of Page

John Hayes

Clan Member

John Hayes

153 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2018 : 01:03:09 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

You still have to have the batteries which are not available as far as I know at all in the game. 

Go to Top of Page

bobg

bobg

794 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2018 : 01:44:35 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Hack a safe with laptop only.  Laptop wasnt available at traders unless I was looking in the wrong place.  This was as of last night.

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2018 : 05:42:32 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

By the way, this has been in accidentally since I added the mil vehicles.  It was setup on the Lythium server and I forgot to disable it.  So I figured, why not leave it in and announce it.  :)

Laptops aren't in the trader or in any missions.  Wild spawn only.  Grinders are in the trader, not at missions and wildspawn, but as Hayes said you also need the batteries, which the devs forgot to add to the loot tables.  I can add them and remove the grinders from the trader and make them part of the electronics loot table which spawn only in factories.

Since this is a test only for now, that's the easiest thing for me to do since it's only 2 changes.  Adding them to missions is a bit more complex for a weekend test.

Everything else about this is exile default for now.  To answer Oversoul, you should receive notifications via email from the website for grinded locks and hack attempts.  I plan on also looking into the Discord API to send notices to your mobile devices/Discord PC clients one of these days also.  Mabye I'll look into a discord bot for the server too and see how we can use that.

Configuration:

class CfgGrinding
{
    // Enables code lock grinding on the server
    enableGrinding = 1;

// Time it takes to grind a fresh lock in minutes
    grindDuration = 25;

// Percentage chance the grinding will fail
    failChance = 25;

// Percentage chance that failing will break your grinder (otherwise it will just remove a battery)
    breakChance = 20;

// Notify the entire server if someone is hacking. 1 == notify, 0 == don't notify
    notifyServer = 1;

// The cooldown time, in minutes, before another server side notification is sent out from a territory. This is on a per territory basis.
    notificationCooldown = 30;
};
class CfgHacking
{
    // Enables safe hacking on the server
    enableHacking = 1;

// Time it takes to hack in minutes
    hackDuration = 20;

// Percentage chance the hacking will fail
    failChance = 50;

// Percentage chance the laptop will be removed on fail
    removeChance = 5;

// Max attepts to hack a safe during one restart
    maxHackAttempts = 3;

// Notify the entire server if someone is hacking. 1 == notify, 0 == don't notify
    notifyServer = 1;

// The cooldown time, in minutes, before another server side notification is sent out from a territory. This is on a per territory basis.
    notificationCooldown = 30;

// The minimal amount of players on the server required in order to hack a safe (set to 0 to disable)
    minPlayers = 1;

// How many safe hacks are allowed to be going at one time
    maxHacks = 5;

// Show a map icon where the hacking is taking place
    showMapIcon = 1;
};

Born2Kill

Clan Founder | Server / Website Scripting | Server Admin

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

oversoul

Clan Member

oversoul

1489 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2018 : 09:13:31 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

// The minimal amount of players on the server required in order to hack a safe (set to 0 to disable)
    minPlayers = 1;

Why?

In Vino Veritas

Go to Top of Page

-BH-Born2kill

Clan Founder

-BH-Born2kill

2120 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2018 : 08:54:34 AM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

That's the Exile default.

Born2Kill

Clan Founder | Server / Website Scripting | Server Admin

Blackhearts Gaming

Go to Top of Page

BNR_Daishi

BNR_Daishi

51 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2018 : 01:59:45 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Awesome. This is going to be fun. Also the timer is hella long, which is good. I'm looking forward to seeing this happen. 

Discord notification would be awesome since I'm on discord all the time

Go to Top of Page

John Hayes

Clan Member

John Hayes

153 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2018 : 02:16:38 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Can we possibly increase player count?  To at least say 5?

Go to Top of Page

oversoul

Clan Member

oversoul

1489 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2018 : 05:07:45 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by -BH-Born2kill  Hacking and grinding are enabled.  Mabye that will solve the issue.

Said on Sep 27. My raid of Clan MAD safes was on Oct 23. They had a month to harden, secure, hide, fortify, obfuscate, and so on, their safes. Wasn't this a measure to deal with "inactive bases?" Koolbreizh has logged 5ish hours in the last month. You can't advocate for a thing, then be mad when the thing you advocated for gets used in a manner not to your liking. That's just an absurdity. You could remove hacking and grinding as far as I am concerned. But don't ask for something then moan about it when it gets used. 

In Vino Veritas

Go to Top of Page

oversoul

Clan Member

oversoul

1489 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2018 : 05:09:15 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Originally posted by John Hayes

Can we possibly increase player count?  To at least say 5?

Probably would have prevented my raid on clan MAD, but this suggestion sat here, unanswered, for a month. I made my move. 

In Vino Veritas

Go to Top of Page

bobg

bobg

794 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2018 : 05:11:02 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Same old tired shit.  Don't care, doesn't matter.

Go to Top of Page

KoolBreizh

Newly Registered

KoolBreizh

11 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2018 : 12:58:26 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Hello guys .

Having read this topic, it's time to finalize certain things. Yes , it's true our team are less present and there is some reasons for that .

1: We have real live . So our hobby time is not regular .

The others reason are personals and i can't speak for others teamates .

2: I'm bored on this server. There are not permanents players anymore for several months . PVP battles are rares now . The best moments when I knew were during the presence of the Bad Karma-RISE coalition . Oh it's sure , they defeat us a lot of time , and we did very angry after them . But we had developed a mutual respect and the battles became more interesting . The server lived. See this following video for exemple  :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMXBEKrNkTk . Last winter , a german team arrived on the server but they din't stay and quit after 2 months of presence . It's a pity , because they was interesting .

Now , the only advantage of the server is the high quality of mission system and the random NPC patrol who can brake the boredom when i play with 2 or 3 other players .

3: Server take a way who not interest me with the full military option . i prefer loot/craft/build and standard med-close range battle . That why we played on a A3 epoch mod server (IGNATZ GAMING SERVER) during a lot of months . More craft  , need loot building components , regular weapons , no TWS , no rockets , rare scopes , upgradable vehicles , Exotics NPC , and a different trading/economy system . The only inconvenient is the poor mission system  but is compensated with a good number of players (40 regulary).

I also play a lot at SCUM with MaD teamates and Space Engineers with others peoples too always for the same indicated reasons higher. So , less time for arma3 .

4: The Oversoul comportement .

He hate us , it's a fact . Why ? i don't know and i don't care . He raided 2 times (maybe more  , not important ) our base . ok , it's game and no problem with that .

But he said we are not here for a long time . Why did he used this time for raid our flag another time ? he can . he has money and servants for that and i think he know a part of our doors code . But nothing . Maybe too long time for break all walls before the flag . And now the hacking safes/doors system is turn on enable . Easy to open a safe now without thermal scan . A new occasion for break our team .

The 24 october , i saw a long list of warning raid base in my mail box . Woah , incredible ! . When i connected later , i thought of finding my walls with more holes than a Swiss cheese but I noticed they were intact . What ? my doors are all locked ? yes . I go in base , see nothing change . but when approach safe , i see the option "lock" in the menu and i understand all . All safes are open  and empty (except the food/medic safe !).

Good job Oversoul . If you had emptied 2 or 3 safes, I would have said nothing and I would have doubtless seen again my defenses. But by emptying all our 14 safes, your message is clear and it say  "Go Out" .  Oversoul did'nt do that for money or for the fun . No , He did that because he wanted to piss off us, purely and simply .

And he won . If i will not stop to play here , i will come sometimes  in nomad mode . Personally, I stop taking care to the MaD territory . And i think Le Glaude will stop his maintenance base in the next days. Cocoseb will stay regulary here , same he did it with HuckFinn at the end of your old Arma 2 DayZ epoch server . When I add up my hours of play , I realize that I spent 2300+ hours on this BH exile server that on 1500 + hours on the old A2 DZ Epoch ! Maybe it's enought no ?

Born , you have the following paradox : Your server is good quality, but you miss him the players. With the new raid possibility , how a new team can decide a permanently installation if there isn't really safe security for stocking stuff ?

GoodBye.

A old tired player .

Edited by - KoolBreizh on 10/31/2018 12:59:58 PM

Go to Top of Page

Colonel Sanders

Clan Member

Colonel Sanders

93 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2018 : 02:04:28 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

Good bye "salty" old player.

Go to Top of Page

oversoul

Clan Member

oversoul

1489 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2018 : 02:09:23 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

All the more reason to "balance" safe hacking. Raise the number of minimum players. Require the owner to be online. These are actually common across most Exile servers that have hacking. The setting on BH that allows one player online to commence a safe hacking attempt is rare; this is the only place I have seen such a configuration. As for quitting, it sounds to me like you had quit long before the raid. 

In Vino Veritas

Go to Top of Page

magnet

Clan Member

magnet

136 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2018 : 02:29:07 PM  Show Profile Reply with Quote

I would be in favor of disabling safe hacking. Those with infinite time are just going to make a hit list of who to run off with it.

Go to Top of Page

Page:   of 3

Previous Topic Next

Previous Page | Next Page